Will We Know
Each Other In Heaven
Will we know each other in heaven? There will be no "marriage and giving in marriage." The Sadducees objected to the realities of heaven by submitting the problem of one recognizing a plurality of wives in heaven. But our Lord emphasized that in glory land of the redeemed there will be no fleshly relationships as experienced on earth, therefore, no problems carried from earth to heaven.
It will be a glad day of reunion for loved ones n heaven. It will be a glorious day of supreme fellowship with God, our Father, Christ our blessed Savior, and the Holy Spirit, who made the joys of heaven possible.
The inspired apostle declared that we shall then see, not "darkly" but "face to face." He concluded, " now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." (1 Cor. 13:12)
When Christ appeared to the eleven, after His death and resurrection, he said: "Behold, my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see, for a spirit hath not flesh and bones as ye see me have." (Luke 24:39
Mary recognized Him (John 20:16).
Mary Magdalene recognized Him (John 20:18).
The disciples recognized our Lord after His resurrection (John 20:20).
The rich man in hades recognized Abraham and Lazarus afar off (Luke 16:19-31).
The disciples recognized Moses and Elijah when they appeared with Christ on the "Mount of Transfiguration" (Matt.17:1-8).
There is no indication we will lose our memory or intellect.
* Abraham was gathered to his fathers, but they were in graves in other countries.
* Jacob expected to join Joseph, even though he thought Joseph had been eaten by wild animals. (Gen. 37:35)
* David had hopes of seeing his infant son (2 Sam. 12:23)
* Samuel was recognized and told Saul he would join him (2 Sam. 28:14,15,19)
* Matt. 22:32, " I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living."
* Angels are distinguishable, such as Gabriel and Michael, and we will be as the angels in Heaven in the resurrection.
* The teaching of rewards in Heaven add to the view that we will still be individuals.